Firebrand is hiring for our new location in Uptown!
Firebrand Artisan Breads is the only wood-fired oven commercial bakery in the East Bay. We are opening our first retail bakeshop the first week of November, in the new Hive development in Uptown Oakland. It will be a showcase for our beautiful hearth loaves, luscious pastries, high-end coffee with a creative spin, and amazing sandwiches from Pal's Takeaway in San Francisco. If you are passionate about hospitality and excellence in craft, we are looking for you to join our team of like-minded professionals!
Shifts for the kitchen will start as early as 6am and end as late as 5pm, seven days a week. We are looking to hire ASAP.
About the Position:
The primary responsibility of the Sandwich/Prep Cook position is to work the line in a fast-paced lunch service environment. One year of kitchen experience is required.
• Full or Part Time
• Weekend availability is a must
Pay Rate: Based on experience
Primary Functions of the Job:
• Utilize good knife skills
• Be knowledgeable in food handling and safety techniques
• Have familiarity handling market fresh ingredients
• Ensure the prep area is clean and composed at all times
• Stay informed of store policies and procedures
• Maintain consistency at the highest quality
• Have a good sense of humor. :)
Must be able to:
• Communicate well verbally and in writing with customers, co-workers, and managers
• Be able to make quick, accurate decisions
• Follow and develop good safety habits at all times.
• Stand for up to 8 hours or more.
• Work independently and also as part of a team
• Lift and carry up to 30 pounds if necessary
• Bend at the waist and use one's wrists continuously throughout a 4-8 hour shift.
• Walk around our facility
• A strong desire to be part of a team that is committed to genuine hospitality and the highest level of craft.
• A clean and tidy appearance and we encourage you to bring your authentic selves to work!
• 18 years or older
Please write a cover letter explaining why you believe you're the best person for this job and send it, along with your resume to Jeff Mason, Kitchen Manager at email@example.com. Please be sure to include your phone number and the best time to contact you.
While we are in the process of moving facilities to our new retail shop, we ask you to please refrain from visiting us at the bakery to drop off your cover letter and resume. Thank you!