Firebrand is hiring for our new location in Uptown!
Firebrand Artisan Breads is the only wood-fired oven commercial bakery in the East Bay. We are opening our first retail bakeshop the first week of November, in the new Hive development in Uptown Oakland. It will be a showcase for our beautiful hearth loaves, luscious pastries, high-end coffee with a creative spin, and amazing sandwiches from Pal's Takeaway in San Francisco. If you are passionate about hospitality and excellence in craft, we are looking for you to join our team of like-minded professionals!
The bakeshop hours will be from 7am-7pm, seven days a week. We are looking to hire 7 Full Time positions and 2 Part Time.
About the Position:
The primary responsibility of the Bakery Retail Host is to publicly represent the hospitality and craft that Firebrand holds at its core and be an ambassador of our brand. Hosts provide hospitality to all our guests, perform food handling activities, prepare coffee drinks to third wave standards, and maintain an immaculately clean bar and work area. They are responsible for creating an engaging, authentic, and inviting experience for each customer who visits the bakery.
• Full or Part Time
• Weekend availability is a must
Pay Rate: $12.50-$13.50 based on experience + tips
Primary Functions of the Job:
• Have a customer facing awareness at all times.
• Provide prompt and courteous service to all visitors in the bakery.
• Develop an comprehensive understanding of regional breads and pastries.
• Develop an understanding of coffee and tea regions and the differences in flavor and blends.
• Promote sales by utilizing product knowledge, engaging customers and offering suggestions.
• Ability to communicate professionally in person and by phone.
• Responsible for ensuring store appearance is clean and composed at all times.
• Stock shelves, counters, and tables with merchandise.
• Enter register transactions accurately.
• Stay informed of store policies, procedures, and promotions.
• Maintain consistency at the highest quality.
Must be able to:
• Communicate well verbally and in writing with customers, co-workers, and managers
• Be able to make quick, accurate decisions
• Follow and develop good safety habits at all times.
• Stand for up to 8 hours or more.
• Work independently and also as part of a team
• Lift and carry up to 30 pounds if necessary
• Bend at the waist and use one's wrists continuously throughout a 4-8 hour shift.
• Walk around our facility
• A strong desire to be part of a team that is committed to genuine hospitality and the highest level of craft.
• A bright and inviting personality-YOU are the first person the customer will engage with when entering the bakery. The experience starts with you.
• A clean and tidy appearance and we encourage you to bring your authentic selves to work!
• 18 years or older
Please write a cover letter explaining why you believe you're the best person for this job and send it, along with your resume to our main email address: email@example.com. Please be sure to include your phone number and the best time to contact you.
While we are in the process of moving facilities to our new retail shop, we ask you to please refrain from visiting us at the bakery to drop off your cover letter and resume. Thank you!