We are back! Starting from October 2017 we are going to offer bread and pretzel baking and making classes.
Our classes are fully hands-on and can accommodate 8 students to ensure a complete learning experience. They are two hours long and encompasses theory, demonstration and practice.
For holiday baking classes students will learn how to make some traditional braiding for holiday breads with challah, garnishes.
If you have any questions about the schedule, or gift certificates, or any inquiries about private or group classes and tours, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The classes will take place at FireBread Artisan Breads' location on 2343 Broadway, Oakland, from 1pm to 3pm.
All classes are final sale.
Bread Baking/Making: In this class you will learn how to make your own sourdough starter and to mix sourdough bread by hand. You will learn to shape baguettes, batards and boules and how to score the bread. After the class you will go home with a free FireBrand loaf of your choice and sourdough bread recipe.
Pretzel Making/ Baking: In this class you will learn to mix the pretzel dough and to shape various pretzels such as knots, gruyere filed pretzels and the traditional firebrand pretzel shape. You will also learn how to bake the pretzels. At the end of the class you will take home with you the pretzels you made.
All the classes are going to be taught by Colleen Orlando, long time baker, pastry chef, and manager at Firebrand Artisan Breads.
- July 8th 1-3 pm Sourdough Bread Baking 101
- July 15th 1-3pm Sourdough Bread Baking 101
- July 22nd 1-3 pm Pretzel Baking
- August 12th 1-3 pm Sourdough Bread Making 101
- August 19th 1-3pm Sourdough Bread Making 101
- August 26th 1-3pm Pretzel Baking
- September 9th 1-3pm Sourdough Bread Making 101
- September 16th 1-3pm Sourdough Bread Making 101
- September 23th 1-3pm Pretzel Baking 101
To register to the classes click here